Full Job Description
Polycor Indiana Limestone, a leading provider of stone worldwide, is looking for an experience supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for long term employment with growth potential. We offer a great pay, and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Primary Job Duties Include:
- Ensuring all team members are working safely and wearing required PPE
- Promote a safe, clean, and organized facility
- Work as a team with other supervisors and shifts to achieve production schedules and common goals
- Support succeeding shifts be ensuring all end of shift activities and standards are followed.
- Critical thinker who can problem solve and make adjustments to achieve goals
- Lean thinker with experience using lean tools and understands value and waste
- Analytical thinker who can create, track, and report key data to help improve manufacturing efficiencies
- Manage all aspects of direct reports on day-to-day activities
- Track attendance and performance of all team members and provide feedback when required.
- Become an expert in the natural stone industry
- Learn all process and machines in your area of control
- Audit lines hourly for schedule and safety adherence along with performance monitoring
- Crosstrain all employees to give flexibility for supporting production schedules
- Ensures all operators are following TPM schedules set forth by the maintenance team
- Managing inventory for accuracy and to reduce shortages
- Ensure production process and quality standards are followed and met.
- Maintains products and company reputation by complying with Federal Safety and Environmental Regulations (OSHA, EPA, GDNR). Ensures safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation for all workers.
- Initiates or participates in problem solving methods as needed.
- Assists with all other activities as requested by the Plant Manager
- Time Management: working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Analytical Skills: needs analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the production on a regular basis.
- Management skills: Must be able to direct a team to meet production and financial goals.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $34.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift