Title: Director of Fabrication Operations
Location: Bloomington, IN
Start Date: As soon as possible
Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs 1,200 people and owns over 50 quarries and 18 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
The Director of Fabrication Operations will coordinate and manage all aspects of business for Polycor West and its workforce. The Director will provide the necessary leadership to achieve goals/objectives, demonstrate a strong commitment to profit and effeciency, while focusing on safety, quality and customer service. The Director will be responsible for all fabrication level financial management including purchasing, inventory, and capital expenditures from conception through post-implementation evaluation. The Director will be responsible for the monthly financial and operational performance to the budget for all departments. The Director will be accountable for the safety of the entire facility of employees and is also responsible for establishing and maintaining an environment of continuous improvement.
Nature of Work
This position performs professional duties requiring adherence to Polycor policies and procedures, standards of accuracy, timeliness, professional appearance, tact and confidentiality. Position will be on an annual salary basis. Job requires split time between the fabrication plant, office and minimal travel. Standard operating days are Monday through Friday, some overtime, weekend hours, and travel may be required.
Continual and demanding contact with fabrication supervisors, maintenance, employees, customers and potential customers, trade association members and general public. Position will require coordination of duties with employees and supervisors of other parts of the business to complete tasks.
Position requires ability to clearly and effectively communicate orally and in writing, type file, supervise, calculate, read written material, maintain records, operate a computer, prepare reports, organizational and expert production and manufacturing processing experience.
- Maintain safe and clean facilities
- Manage fabrication operations in multiple natural stone mills. Includes, but not limited to, plant production goals, capacity planning, staffing, and shift management
- Develop and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Direct lean manufacturing policies that drive modification of production operations and efficiency to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Manage packaging for commercial products
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments including, but not limited to, quarry operations, sales, and administrative teams
- Prepare and present production reports and data to a variety of stakeholders including staff and Executive Management team during monthly meetings and quarterly Board of Director’s meetings
- Collaborate with HR to ensure compliance with company best practices, procedures, and policies
- Oversee procurement, engineering, installation, upkeep of equipment
- Drive continuous fabrication process improvement which will produce increased productivity efficiency gains and increased yield
- Work with Executive Management on the development of manufacturing metrics measuring production, yield, quality, lead time and financial impact of manufacturing activity to support strategic direction
- Actively collaborate with Executive Management during the budgeting and capital review process supplying business and personal objectives to ensure key information regarding production, staffing and capital forecast is communicated and accounted for
Knowledge and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering or relevant building products industry fabrication leadership
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading a building products fabrication facility, required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience leading a natural dimensional stone fabrication facility, preferred.
- Experience tracking production, maintenance and inventory systems and software. Microsoft AX a plus
- Knowledge of construction process and CSI Master Format.
- Experience managing quality programs
- Proven track record of team leadership and direct management within the building products industry
Corporate Values, Results, Objectives and KPI’s :
- Work safely and promote a culture of safety
- Drive Polycor values
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Continuous knowledge improvement
- Lean process focus
- Customer and market impact
- Creating business results
- Strategic orientation
- Net sales
- Gross profit
- Hit rate, share penetration
- Ambassador for Polycor global customer satisfaction
- Promote Polycor image to public and customers.
HOW TO APPLY
Address: Polycor Inc., PO Box 238, Tate, GA, 30177
Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will only communicate with the candidates that have been selected.
76 rue Saint-Paul, Suite 100
Quebec City (Quebec)
Canada G1K 3V9