Be empowered in your career as we promote the use of naturally sustainable and naturally beautiful natural stone. As part of our team, you can expect competitive pay, supportive colleagues, and lots of training opportunities. As part of our team, you can help us fulfill our mission to help people fall in love with natural stone… all over again.
Polycor Inc. is the world leader in the natural stone industry, and its main mission is to make people fall in love with this timeless material again. Our international reputation stems from a strong heritage of working with stone on historic sites, institutional, commercial and residential projects.
Founded in Quebec City, Canada, in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and has more than 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
Polycor is looking for a Health & Safety Specialist to support its Indiana operations. This is a hands-on role with a focus on regulatory and risk management, monitoring, and measurement of safety performance. Your role will be to drive a culture of safety accountability throughout the organization through coaching and supporting team members. The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for creating value through their leadership focusing on continued management commitment and employee ownership. The successful candidate will be critical in supporting initiatives for continuous improvement and transformation for our businesses.
The position reports the Director of Health and Safety, and will focus on supporting and guiding quarries and manufacturing facilities. Travel between Indiana sites is required but may also extend to other Polycor operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist facility leaders with the development of short and long-term safety & health objectives, strategies, targets and measures that identify critical hazards, to prioritize risks, and to help generate controls that will both aid to prevent and safely recover from incidents
· Maintain and improve Occupational Health & Safety programs, procedures and policies
· Ensure a regular presence on the various sites in order to provide support to managers/supervisors
· Perform workplace inspections ensuring direction is provided for corrective actions
· Assist with the development and utilization of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
· Provide and maintain a solid understanding of the company’s safety and health standards and all OSHA/MSHA and Federal and State regulations
· Assist with the interpretation and evaluation of compliance with safety and health laws, regulations, and permits as it relates to the operation of our production facilities and quarries
· Facilitate the development, improvement, and implementation of safety training systems and effectively conduct safety training
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Proficiency in MS Office Products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired business results
· Strong influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Thorough and detail oriented
· Superior time management skills
· Willingness to travel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Experience (EHS) : 3 years (Preferred)
- Work Location: Multiple Locations