Take the next step in your career by joining our team! We’re a fun and family-first local team of global experts that values hard work, integrity, loyalty – all of which you’ll find at every turn with us. Work alongside talented peers who share similar core values as you; we can’t wait to see what success you have in your future with us!
The HR & HS Business Partner is responsible for partnering with the management team on HR management & strategy, Health and Safety, workforce planning, recruiting and development, compensation & benefits, employee relations and risk management. While managing these areas, the HR & HS Business Partner ensures that all methods of practice and policy conform to state & federal law, professional ethics and align with the culture and vision of the company.
HR & HS Business Partnering:
- Establish efficient, strategic processes within the HR department; i.e., recruiting & onboarding, internal changes, performance management, policy/procedure development, etc.
- Implement and update as needed, the compensation program; write job descriptions, conduct salary surveys and help to develop an annual salary budget; analyze compensation; monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook; update and revise as needed.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, such as union meetings, safety committee meetings, etc.
- Facilitate resolution between employees, supervisors and/or department heads to settle work-related conflicts. Recommend solutions when repetition of individual problems indicates negative trends.
- Serve as a resource for management and non-management employees alike on matters such as policy interpretation and enforcement, legal compliance, employee relations issues and other HR-related topics.
- Evaluate the company’s risk in the areas including, but not limited to; health and safety, workplace security, emergency response plans, ADA, FLSA and implement the appropriate programs, policies, etc. to mitigate these risks.
- When applicable, develop and maintain the affirmative action program; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Maintain a positive union relationship, settle union grievances as they occur, participate in union negotiations and educate the management team on contract interpretation as needed.
- Inspect the facility to identify safety, health and environmental risks.
- Work under the guidance of the HS Director to ensure that health and safety services are rendered effectively and efficiently. Participate in corporate safety meetings.
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, and schedule routine safety inspections. Monitor compliance with safety procedures.
- Prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety and other relevant topics.
- Assist in training new miners/employees during Onboarding process.
- Responsible for safety in MSHA and OSHA departments.
- Assist MSHA and OSHA inspectors with regular inspections.
- Develop and submit correction action plans as needed following MSHA accidents.
- Conduct accident investigations. Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings. Work with attorney regarding MSHA citations. Provide evidence and documentation for litigation.
- Hold monthly safety meetings with the safety committee.
- Maintain OSHA 300 and 300A accident logs and all other documentation as required.
- Assist in updating MSHA Training Plan, HazCom plan and Hearing Conservation plan as needed.
- Ensure that safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Responsible for the recruitment efforts of all position levels. The HR & HS Business Partner will develop effective recruiting tools through professional relationships, memberships, networks and other competent recruiting strategies.
- Develop job descriptions; write, place and manage job posting advertisements. Screen applicants and make recommendations for selection; support hiring managers through the hiring process and lead the new-employee onboarding process.
Other Duties & Assignments
- Keep employee records up-to-date (HRIS and personnel files) by processing employee status changes timely and maintain them in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain applicant tracking data.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role and HR Certification preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment and represents themselves in a confident, professional demeanor.
- Must be highly motivated and always maintains confidentiality.
- A proactive solutions-driven person who overcomes obstacles and instills values in others.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards.
- Candidate must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Looked upon as a key contributor, trusted advisor and someone with the ability to successfully coach and mentor with patience and understanding.
- Someone with tenacious problem-solving skills.
- Must be a good planner, very detail-oriented and can organize and drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office, Outlook and various other systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
- Human resources: 3 years (Required)
- Recruiting: 1 year (Required)
- Health and Safety: 1 year (Preferred)