Polycor stones have been used in the construction of heritage sites and monuments worldwide. We have incredible people who are the driving force and foundation of our company. Come join our team!
We need candidates who:
- Are passionate about their work.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Job stability – Our Mount Airy, NC site has been in operation since 1889 and offers year-round stability and opportunities for our team.
- Training – We offer training that will advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities within the industry.
- Advancement & Career Opportunities – We hire and promote from within. Many of our Leads, Managers, and Supervisors have grown and advanced their careers with Polycor.
- Benefits – Our comprehensive medical, dental, vision, retirement – 401k matching, and other benefit offerings are industry leading.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply!
Heavy Mechanic Level II or Level III
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass background check, drug screen.
- Ability to work overtime, which may include weekends or a different shift.
- Some computer skills a plus.
- Certified Technician in Maintenance, Heavy Equipment or other relevant certifications in General Heavy Rolling Maintenance
- Provide personal mechanics tools
- No fear of heights
Work experience preferred:
- Electrical/wiring systems
- Hydraulic system
- Pneumatic system
- Welding experience or welding certification
- Diesel/gas mechanic
- Heavy equipment mechanic
- Auto mechanic
- Electric over hydraulic control systems
- Common plumbing/water systems
Experience preferred, but not required:
- Maintenance and repair of stone work equipment
- Maintenance and repair of Quarry drill, saw, waterjet,
- Maintenance and repair of overhead crane systems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)