Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and its core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Their world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Québec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,100 people and owns over 50 quarries and 17 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe.
(Work location Tate, Georgia)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the US Quarries Manager, the incumbent:
- Assists the US Quarries Manager and the Project Managers in scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines and within financial budgets.
- Participates and executes the business plan established by the US Quarries Manager
- Assigns and checks work; provides effective input on hiring and evaluating team members.
- Leads, Coaches and Motivates his/her Reporting Workforce.
- Supervises, Leads and Facilitates the Process & Planning Engineer’s projects by investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Ensures inventory data accuracy.
- Maintains products and company reputation by complying with Federal Safety and Environmental Regulations (OSHA, EPA, GDNR). Ensures safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation for all workers.
- Keeps equipment operational to appropriate capacities by coordinating Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance as well as repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Completes development projects by training and guiding technicians, keeping training manuals up-to-date and working alongside the Safety Coordinator.
- Helps set up Lean Management throughout the Plant.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of the reporting databases and web-tools with the US Quarries Manager and the IT Developer/Programmer.
- Initiates or participates in problem solving methods as needed
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all other Polycor subsidiaries; Shares Best Practices and Provides support as needed or requested by the US Quarries Manager
- Assists with all other activities as requested by the US Quarries Manager
- 4-year degree in Business Management, Engineering or related master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years similar experience in a similar industrial operation.
- Time Management: organization and planning, working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures such as Lean, Six-Sigma and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Analytical Skills: needs analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the production on a regular basis.
- Proficient computer literacy (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD).
- A knowledge of Minitab is a plus.
- English is a must; French is a plus.
- Initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to summarize and excellent writing.
If you are interested in this challenge, please send us your resume by September 19, 2019, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources, Polycor Inc., PO Box 238, Tate, GA 30177.
Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all inquiries will be handled confidentially. We will communicate only with the candidates who will be selected.
PO Box 238,
Tate, GA 30177