Reporting to the Director of IT, the supervisor of data warehousing/BI role is to focus on strategic development and operation of the BI/data warehousing practice, including managing staffing requirements, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring a high availability BI/data warehouse platform. The data warehouse/BI supervisor will also work closely with business in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support analytics solutions to deliver essential information to satisfy their information needs. Among other things, the tasks consist of:
Strategy & Planning
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new information technologies, in the areas of BI, analytics, and data warehousing.
- Work with different business units to align the business and IT.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of data resources across different business units and global locations (if applicable).
- Oversee all reports, dashboards, and information artifacts.
- Develop global maintenance schedules for BI and data warehousing systems.
- Promote BI program.
- Develop business intelligence competency center (BICC).
- Facilitate system feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot project, and testing.
- Examine, refine, and develop BI metrics.
- Ensure best practices are established for effective problem resolution.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all key BI and data management policies and procedures.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of BI/EDW systems, including data architecture, data integration, high availability, security, and data privacy.
- Define the short- and long-term strategies for the corporate BI/analytics program to ensure effective delivery of information that meets current and future requirements.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the BI/EDW architecture.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest data technologies and solutions in support of future data management procurement efforts.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary.
- Ensure change management practices conform to organization standards.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including user hotline and technical support services.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems or business administration and 10 years related work experience.
- Valid passport needed for travel overseas.
- Strong ability to communicate in both English and French.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modelling, data governance, analytics, and predictive modeling.
- Strong technical knowledge of current data management trends.
- Proven experience in building and managing virtual teams.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and data manipulation languages.
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Proven experience in BI/data warehousing planning and development.
- Proven experience in managing staff.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience in successfully using project management tools to execute projects. Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong written and communicational skills in English and French.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate to the business community.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Good business judgment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Valid driver license
- Valid passport and allowed to travel in Canada, USA, France.
- Potential travel time required.
- Due to time zone difference and appropriate meeting times, extended work hours may be required.
- Competitive salary;
- RRSP 5%;
- Long-term disability insurance;
- Health insurance;
- Employee assistance program and telehealth platform;
- Remote work;
- Flexible work hours;
- Employee experience program;
- Social activities.
TO CONTACT THE POLYCOR FAMILY
NOTE: Any experience deemed equivalent will be considered. Please note that Polycor Inc. is committed to employment equity and all applications will be treated confidentially. We will only communicate with candidates who have been selected for an interview.
ABOUT POLYCOR: Polycor Inc. is the world’s leading natural stone quarrier and our core mission is to make people fall in love with natural stone. Our world-class reputation comes from a great legacy of stone work on historical landmarks, institutional, commercial and residential projects. Founded in Quebec City (Canada) in 1987, the company now employs nearly 1,300 people and owns over 50 quarries and 20 manufacturing plants across North America and Europe. For more information, please visit our website or our social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
76 rue Saint-Paul, Suite 100
Quebec City (Quebec)
Canada G1K 3V9